1The first person to find or explore a place.
- Some of the first pulsar planet discoveries were later retracted by their discoverers.
- The first discoverers of the Solomon Islands were the island peoples themselves.
- The discoverers of Mt Morgan, Qld, in 1882 were gamblers who searched where others passed by.
1.1The first person to find or observe a substance or scientific phenomenon: many chemical processes are named after their original discoverers
More example sentences
- In particular, she wants Matthew to be the discoverer of a form of infinite free energy.
- He, in fact, was the discoverer of the world's longest worm.
- In Germany around 1952, Otto Hahn, the discoverer of fission, was asked by reporters about the feasibility of fusion.
Words that rhyme with discovererrecoverer
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.