- Income remaining after deduction of taxes, social security charges, and basic living costs. Compare with disposable income.More example sentences
- Fear of unemployment, falling tourism numbers, the impact on disposable, discretionary income of stealth taxes have all taken their toll, as has a squeeze on pay in the private sector.
- The more the state spends and taxes the less discretionary income citizens have in take-home pay (or what remains after deductions for tax and national insurance).
- The problem is especially acute at low levels of income, where savings and discretionary income are very limited.
More definitions of discretionary incomeDefinition of discretionary income in:
- The US English dictionary