Definition of discriminating in English:
Having or showing refined taste or good judgement: he became a discriminating collector and patron of the arts
More example sentences
- ‘The composer's operetta appeals to a less discriminating taste for melody, harmony and rhythm,’ he said.
- Here are the latest DVD releases for those with discriminating tastes.
- For people of discriminating tastes, that is the ideal karaoke.
- Example sentences
- Encouragement and reward are, of course, essential for learning but only when used intelligently, discriminatingly, closely focused on the product or process of a pupil's work.
- We're probably supposed to assume he bought his Internet stocks just as discriminatingly.
- Maybe your ability to listen to them discriminatingly is damaged as well.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.