- 1Separated from or existing without the body: a disembodied ghostMore example sentences
- His tail - seemingly disembodied from his body - trails behind him like a submarine conning tower.
- Ever so slowly she began to relax, at one with her body that had seemed disembodied just a while before.
- Instead, we exist as disembodied presences, ghosts.
- 1.1(Of a sound) lacking any obvious physical source: a disembodied voice at the end of the phoneMore example sentences
- There was no sense of disembodied sounds, voices coming from odd spots in the hall, or unrealistic orchestral balances, all problems that can arise when sound installations of this sort are in use.
- What I was looking for was a very ethereal, mystical, disembodied sound.
- I am looking for a point between recognition of the human touch and distant and disembodied sounds.