- Emotionally detached: the students were oddly disengaged, as if they didn’t believe they could control their livesMore example sentences
- The remarkable thing about the youth I interviewed is that their attitudes are not those of disengaged, civically ignorant slackers, as most adults are eager to describe their generation.
- If a disengaged person is approached by someone they know, about an issue they care about, and asked - say - to help draft a letter to the local paper, then that will engage their interest.
- Environmentalists are failing to attract the disenfranchised, the disempowered, the dispossessed and the disengaged.
More definitions of disengagedDefinition of disengaged in:
- The US English dictionary