Definition of disentitle in English:
Deprive (someone) of a right: she was disentitled to a redundancy payment
More example sentences
- Any default in payment of the arrears in accordance with the scheme shall disentitle the consumer from the benefits of the scheme.
- It was then alleged that ‘by reason of all of those matters the claimant was guilty of gross misconduct disentitling him to any damages.’
- That provision disentitles persons who have committed serious non-political crimes from refugee rights.
- 1disentitlement noun
- Example sentences
- The linkage of social disentitlement and poverty was clearly manifested, and the public was disturbed and shocked at its own civil self-portrait in the wake of disaster.
- The applicant seeks to argue that the decision-makers were obliged, first, to consider the claim to refugee status and then only to weigh the disentitlements provided for by Article 1F (b).
- What we are witnessing today, on the eve of welfare reauthorization, are the fruits of disentitlement, fewer federal mandates, and greater flexibility.
Definition of disentitle in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.