Definition of disentomb in English:
Remove (something) from a tomb: a mummy which we saw disentombed figurative he disentombed a great part of the early history of England
More example sentences
- The same method, it is understood, has been applied to the deciphering of the cuneiform records recently disentombed from the ruins of Nineveh.
- Some of the earlier burials were disentombed and reburied in the new site, but many were left in unmarked graves.
- Close to Rumeilah stands the first Iron Age construction, disentombed on a large scale in the UAE.
- Example sentences
- In addition, disinterment or disentombment is costly and burdensome.
- We are now faced with disentombment and burial in the ground after an unbelievable disrespect to every unfortunate person that is emtombed in this mausoleum.
- Not only was a disentombment not attempted, but the tomb was never even venerated - a practice which was very common at the time.
Definition of disentomb in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan