- Remove (something) from a tomb: a mummy which we saw disentombed • figurative he disentombed a great part of the early history of EnglandMore example sentences
- The same method, it is understood, has been applied to the deciphering of the cuneiform records recently disentombed from the ruins of Nineveh.
- Some of the earlier burials were disentombed and reburied in the new site, but many were left in unmarked graves.
- Close to Rumeilah stands the first Iron Age construction, disentombed on a large scale in the UAE.
- More example sentences
- In addition, disinterment or disentombment is costly and burdensome.
- We are now faced with disentombment and burial in the ground after an unbelievable disrespect to every unfortunate person that is emtombed in this mausoleum.
- Not only was a disentombment not attempted, but the tomb was never even venerated - a practice which was very common at the time.
More definitions of disentombDefinition of disentomb in:
- The US English dictionary