- A female artiste who entertains with spoken monologues.More example sentences
- Her early recordings reveal a soprano of shimmering sexuality, though later in life she adopted a low, husky, gravelly tone and the sharp textual delivery of a diseuse, which for many remains the quintessence of the German cabaret style.
- In 1930, far from being a gravelly diseuse, she possessed a girlish soprano, that makes her dirty delivery all the more shocking.
- With this kind of chanson-performance she became the archetype of the modern diseuse.
French, literally 'talker', feminine of diseur, from dire 'to say'.
More definitions of diseuseDefinition of diseuse in:
- The US English dictionary