Definition of disgusting in English:
Arousing revulsion or strong indignation: he had the most disgusting rotten teeth I think the decision is disgusting
More example sentences
- Lee said showing the 1962 war epic was a disgusting and offensive way to mark the emotional trip.
- We wish to object to the disgusting sight we have to put up with whenever we look out of our window.
- Alexia looked at me like I had just said the most vile and disgusting thing about her.
revolting, repellent, repulsive, sickening, nauseating, nauseous, stomach-churning, stomach-turning, off-putting, unpalatable, unappetizing, uninviting, unsavoury, distasteful, foul, nasty, obnoxious, odious;
North American vomitous
British informal grotty
offensive, appalling, outrageous, objectionable, displeasing, shocking, horrifying, scandalous, monstrous, unspeakable, shameless, shameful, vulgar, gross, vile, wicked, odious, heinous, abhorrent, loathsome, obnoxious, detestable, hateful, sickening, contemptible, despicable, deplorable, abominable, execrable;
British informal beastly
- Example sentences
- Part of me feels disgustingly horrible, and there's no way to get around it.
- It's so muggy and sticky and every time I breath in, the air feels disgustingly warm and damp.
- Sometimes the pool areas and the cubicles were in a disgustingly dirty state.
- Example sentences
- And they've been trying to shake off their reputation for sneakiness, deviousness, and just plain disgustingness, hoping for a new image in the 21st century.
- To be honest, I don't think I could fully explain the sheer disgustingness of what this book describes.
- Kant observed that there is, with the one exception of disgustingness, nothing so ugly that it cannot be represented as beautiful, war being one of his examples.
Words that rhyme with disgustingself-adjusting, trusting
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.