verb (dishevels, dishevelling, dishevelled; US dishevels, disheveling, disheveled)[with object]
- Make (a person’s hair or clothes) untidy: he ran one hand through his hair, further dishevelling itMore example sentences
- She was so beautiful, standing there, looking at him with her deep-set eyes and the wind disheveling her hair, blowing it across her peachy skinned face.
- I sat up quickly, disheveling my clothes and pillows.
- Alex lightly dug his fist into my head, disheveling my hair.
probably a back-formation from dishevelled.
More definitions of dishevelDefinition of dishevel in:
- The US English dictionary