- False information which is intended to mislead, especially propaganda issued by a government organization to a rival power or the media: the entire Western intelligence system had been systematically manipulated with clever disinformation [as modifier]: a government inspired disinformation campaignMore example sentences
- It is their sneaky methods, of propaganda, disinformation and manipulation of intelligence.
- I navigate my way through the morass of information and disinformation.
- Language, the use of words, and how information and disinformation is handled, can be crucial to the twists and turns of history.
1950s: formed on the pattern of Russian dezinformatsiya.
More definitions of disinformationDefinition of disinformation in:
- The US English dictionary