- 1The state of not being influenced by personal involvement in something; impartiality: I do not claim any scholarly disinterest with this bookMore example sentences
- As Brynor neared, he glanced at each of us in turn with the casual, detached disinterest of a scientist examining a particularly repulsive insect.
- I watched with detached disinterest as Sean and Amber presented themselves to the audience and received their medallions from the organizers.
- In fact, I think the word I'm looking for is disinterest, in the sense of impartiality.
- 2Lack of interest in something: he chided Dennis for his disinterest in anything that is not his own ideaMore example sentences
- A hand propping up his head shows his disinterest in the conversation.
- As a result of this cycle of mutual disinterest, young people tend to have a weaker party identification than their elders do.
- Some people exude outright disinterest and apathy towards their country's films.