Definition of disorderly in English:
1Lacking organization; untidy: his life was as disorderly as ever a disorderly pile of books
More example sentences
- Children with ADHD are hindered if the classroom is noisy, disorderly, or lacking clear consistent regimens and expectations.
- He started digging through a disorderly pile of assorted framed pictures, including several that looked like they had been run over by a truck.
- Refugee flows, by their nature, are chaotic and disorderly.
untidy, disorganized, messy, chaotic, cluttered, littered, jumbled, muddled, confused, unsystematic, irregular;
out of order, out of place, in disarray, in a mess, in a jumble, in a muddle, upside-down, at sixes and sevens, haywire, haphazard
British informal shambolic
1.1Involving or contributing to a breakdown of peaceful and law-abiding behaviour: they had no intention of staging a disorderly protest
More example sentences
- The Constitution provides for the removal of a deputy in cases of bankruptcy and unruly or disorderly behaviour.
- I will touch on the issue of disorderly and unruly passenger behaviour.
- Ordinary residents should be able to go into the town centre and enjoy a drink or a meal without coming across disorderly behaviour.
disruptive, troublesome, antisocial, disobedient, undisciplined, lawless, unmanageable, uncontrollable, ungovernable, out of hand, out of control;
obstreperous, refractory, rebellious, mutinous, insurrectionary, insurgent, seditious, anarchic, riotous, rioting
- Example sentences
- Chaos and disorderliness can be allies in my goals of spending as much time as possible with them.
- However, it would appear this popularity and concentration in confined town centre areas has brought with it an increase in street violence and disorderliness.
- Students returned to campus on the traditional Labor Day move-in, and the normal amount of revelry and disorderliness ensued.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan