Definition of disparaging in English:
Expressing the opinion that something is of little worth; derogatory: disparaging remarks about council houses
More example sentences
- There is more than a tinge of sexism to the disparaging treatment of romantic novelists.
- He even worked in a few disparaging remarks about the Pakistani team.
- Then I heard them making slightly disparaging remarks about how they would be better at running than us.
- Example sentences
- Over the protests of liberals and conservatives who supported an internationalist foreign policy to thwart communism, critics on the left have for decades disparagingly described the United States as imperialist.
- That's not speaking disparagingly of the next person, either.
- A disparagingly small number of companies own all commercial radio stations, TV stations, record labels, and sizeable concert venues in the nation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.