Expressing the opinion that something is of little worth; derogatory: disparaging remarks about council houses
More example sentences
- There is more than a tinge of sexism to the disparaging treatment of romantic novelists.
- He even worked in a few disparaging remarks about the Pakistani team.
- Then I heard them making slightly disparaging remarks about how they would be better at running than us.
- Example sentences
- Over the protests of liberals and conservatives who supported an internationalist foreign policy to thwart communism, critics on the left have for decades disparagingly described the United States as imperialist.
- That's not speaking disparagingly of the next person, either.
- A disparagingly small number of companies own all commercial radio stations, TV stations, record labels, and sizeable concert venues in the nation.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: dis|para¦ging
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.