noun (plural dispensaries)
- 1A room where medicines are prepared and provided.More example sentences
- From obstetrics, she went to the dispensary and the emergency room.
- The centre is equipped with a dispensary having all herbal medicines and expert druggists from the AVP.
- When completed it will consist of a full primary school of 16 classrooms, a dispensary, nursery school, playgrounds, sanitation facilities, a brothers' house and staff house.
- 2A clinic provided by public or charitable funds.More example sentences
- In one such camp there is only one doctor from a Rajasthan hospital, Dr Aquil Ansari who has opened a temporary dispensary in a class room and who is tending to patients day and night.
- Before this time, dispensaries, which provided advice and medicine to parents, existed.
- Meanwhile, Oregon voters turned down the chance to revise their existing law by allowing patients to get their medicine from dispensaries regulated by the state.
late 17th century: from medieval Latin dispensarium, neuter (used as a noun) of dispensarius, from Latin dispensare (see dispense).
More definitions of dispensaryDefinition of dispensary in:
- The US English dictionary