- An animal or human activity that seems inappropriate, such as head-scratching when confused, considered to arise unconsciously when a conflict between antagonistic urges cannot be resolved.More example sentences
- When it happened, it was almost a displacement activity.
- Yet the whole affair was a displacement activity: an exercise in self-deception.
- What choice did I have but to find some displacement activity?
More definitions of displacement activityDefinition of displacement activity in:
- The US English dictionary