- A pump in which liquid is moved out of the pump chamber by a moving surface or by the introduction of compressed air or gas.More example sentences
- Joule, son of a brewer, invented electric welding and the displacement pump and worked with Lord Kelvin to create more accurate thermometers.
- ‘A variable displacement pump gives you a very good feel for the machine,’ says Lao.
- Both models offer energy efficiency, low noise levels, high accuracy, and repeatability thanks to an electronically regulated variable displacement pump.
More definitions of displacement pumpDefinition of displacement pump in:
- The US English dictionary