- Lack of respect or courtesy: growing disrespect for the rule of lawMore example sentences
contempt, lack of respect, scorn, disregard, disdain, opprobrium; derision, mockery, ridiculediscourtesy, rudeness, impoliteness, incivility, unmannerliness, lack of respect, lack of civility, ungraciousness, irreverence, lack of consideration, ill/bad manners; insolence, impudence, impertinence, cheek, flippancy, churlishness• informal lip, nerve
- If you make a global show of disrespect for your country, the global community in return will grow disrespect for you.
- So instead of outright disrespect for the rule, I limit myself to music related sites.
- These are guys with a very healthy disrespect for all rules, regulations and policemen.
verb[with object] • informal , chiefly North American Back to top
- Show a lack of respect for; insult: a young brave who disrespects his eldersMore example sentences
- And how, given that I do view these and many other cultures with contempt, am I supposed to provide them with respect, without disrespecting my own views?
- I often feel like stopping someone in mid-sentence and saying to them that I feel insulted and disrespected by their language.
- I cannot see him disrespecting another young woman.