Definition of disrespectful in English:
Showing a lack of respect or courtesy; impolite: a deeply disrespectful attitude towards women
More example sentences
- The problem lies in a deeply disrespectful, even contemptuous, attitude towards women.
- He is widely disliked among his peers because he is disrespectful, argumentative and abusive towards people.
- He said the amount of beer cans and rubbish was insulting and disrespectful to the people buried there.
- Example sentences
- Why do you treat your guards so disrespectfully?
- Instead, she has decided to sue the governor through the State Administrative Court for issuing the gubernatorial decree that she said disrespectfully dismissed her.
- For some reason, many women operate under the misconception that treating the men in their lives disrespectfully is cute or somehow scores them social points.
Pronunciation: /dɪsrɪˈspɛk(t)fʊli/ /dɪsrɪˈspɛk(t)fəli/adverb
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan