- Showing a lack of respect or courtesy; impolite: a deeply disrespectful attitude towards womenMore example sentences
discourteous, rude, impolite, uncivil, unmannerly, ill-mannered, bad-mannered, ungracious, irreverent, inconsiderate; insolent, impudent, impertinent, cheeky, flippant, insubordinate, churlish; contemptuous, disdainful, derisive, scornful, disparaging, insulting, abusive• informal fresh
- The problem lies in a deeply disrespectful, even contemptuous, attitude towards women.
- He is widely disliked among his peers because he is disrespectful, argumentative and abusive towards people.
- He said the amount of beer cans and rubbish was insulting and disrespectful to the people buried there.
- More example sentences
- Why do you treat your guards so disrespectfully?
- Instead, she has decided to sue the governor through the State Administrative Court for issuing the gubernatorial decree that she said disrespectfully dismissed her.
- For some reason, many women operate under the misconception that treating the men in their lives disrespectfully is cute or somehow scores them social points.