- He makes his living writing term papers and dissertations before he gets recruited by a spy agency and sent all over the world by them.
- She is prolific, with dozens of titles to her credit and several doctoral dissertations and academic titles written on her work.
- At the end there are 11 items for discussion, much as one finds in university dissertations.
- Example sentences
- Novelty of a dissertational work and its theme should be closely connected.
- Under the existing law the dissertational councils can be created only in the institutions, which provide postgraduate study in different fields.
Early 17th century (in the sense 'discussion, debate'): from Latin dissertatio(n-), from dissertare 'continue to discuss', from disserere 'examine, discuss'.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: dis¦ser|ta¦tion
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.