Definition of dissimilar in English:
Not the same; different: a collection of dissimilar nations lacking overall homogeneity the pleasures of the romance novel are not dissimilar from those of the chocolate bar
More example sentences
- One pair was even found to be as dissimilar as prints from different people.
- It would be hard to think of two European nations more dissimilar, historically, than the Italians and the Scots.
- Different geographical areas connect to the debates on globalisation in dissimilar ways.
- Example sentences
- Not dissimilarly, this mechanical device has revolutionized, no pun intended, the experience of dining out.
- Football clubs used a brace of strikers not dissimilarly.
- A junction between dissimilarly doped semiconductor layers sets up a potential barrier in the cell, which separates the light-generated charge carriers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan