Definition of dissimilar in English:
Not the same; different: a collection of dissimilar nations lacking overall homogeneity the pleasures of the romance novel are not dissimilar from those of the chocolate bar
More example sentences
- One pair was even found to be as dissimilar as prints from different people.
- It would be hard to think of two European nations more dissimilar, historically, than the Italians and the Scots.
- Different geographical areas connect to the debates on globalisation in dissimilar ways.
- Example sentences
- Not dissimilarly, this mechanical device has revolutionized, no pun intended, the experience of dining out.
- Football clubs used a brace of strikers not dissimilarly.
- A junction between dissimilarly doped semiconductor layers sets up a potential barrier in the cell, which separates the light-generated charge carriers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.