- 1Very successful, authoritative, and commanding great respect: a distinguished American educationistMore example sentences
- I have the ultimate respect for the distinguished actor, but his Judy Garland red plastic clogs were nothing short of ridiculous.
- He is a knowledgeable scholar who went on to become one of rugby's most distinguished and successful medal winners.
- It also celebrates a distinguished female ethnomusicologist and her significant contribution to the field.
- 1.1Dignified and noble in appearance or manner: that hairstyle makes you look quite distinguishedMore example sentences
- As Rick says, the paper now has a distinguished European appearance.
- True, his facial features are hardly delicate, but his white hair and beard lend him a distinguished, elegant appearance.
- He's greying, but in a distinguished manner, at the temples and behind the ears.