Definition of distraction burglary in English:
An instance of gaining access to a property under false pretences, with the intention of committing theft: two thieves pretending to be from the Water Board have carried out a string of distraction burglaries in the area
More example sentences
- Motorists on Friday were asked if they had any information which could help identify the men responsible for the distraction burglary.
- An elderly woman in Harnham was the victim of a distraction burglary at the weekend.
- Distraction burglary is a pretty low crime and one that needs to be beaten so that we have safer streets.
- distraction burglar noun
- Example sentences
- He arrested a distraction burglar who targeted his neighbour's home.
- Police are warning pensioners in north and west Wiltshire to watch out for a distraction burglar using an eight-year-old boy.
- "This is the worst distraction burglar I have come across in 21 years as a policeman and one of the worst criminals."
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.