- (In the US) a public official who acts as prosecutor for the state in a particular district.More example sentences
- The report examines the corruption of some of the union officials who have not been prosecuted by the district attorney's office.
- Biely resigned from the district attorney's office and officially withdrew as a candidate, but could not get his name off the ballot.
- Only if a manufacturer refused to comply could the bureau turn the case over to a district attorney for prosecution.
More definitions of district attorneyDefinition of district attorney in:
- The US English dictionary