Feeling or showing distrust of someone or something: I have grown up to be distrustful of men
More example sentences
- Licinius became increasingly distrustful of him and suspicious of his own Christian subjects, whom he began to persecute.
- It is not in borrowers' interests for them to become worried and distrustful of their lender.
- Most Scots, they say, are distrustful of the nuclear industry and would prefer to tackle climate change through windmills, tidal and solar power, and recycling.
- Example sentences
- My companions eyed me distrustfully, as if they sensed something different about me: a new detachment.
- Kirsten said, peering at the cups distrustfully, ‘Darling, I'll try a bite first.’
- She looked at him distrustfully, and he scowled at her.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.