- Feeling or showing distrust of someone or something: I have grown up to be distrustful of menMore example sentences
- Licinius became increasingly distrustful of him and suspicious of his own Christian subjects, whom he began to persecute.
- It is not in borrowers' interests for them to become worried and distrustful of their lender.
- Most Scots, they say, are distrustful of the nuclear industry and would prefer to tackle climate change through windmills, tidal and solar power, and recycling.
- More example sentences
- My companions eyed me distrustfully, as if they sensed something different about me: a new detachment.
- Kirsten said, peering at the cups distrustfully, ‘Darling, I'll try a bite first.’
- She looked at him distrustfully, and he scowled at her.