- 1A sulphide containing two atoms of sulphur in its molecule or empirical formula: molybdenum disulphideMore example sentences
- Molybdenum disulfide is all the rage in rifles right now.
- Solid lubricants such as soap, molybdenum disulphide or graphite are preferred to mineral oils and greases.
- Phosphorothioate modification was obtained using tetraethylthiuram disulfide for 15 min at room temperature as recommended by Applied Biosystems.
- 1.1An organic compound containing the group —S—S— bonded to other groups: [as modifier]: disulphide bondsMore example sentences
- Disulfide bond formation is a common consequence of oxidative stress in cellular proteins.
- When cysteine mutations are performed on the participating residues, spontaneous disulfide bond formation is observed.
- The native structure of lysozyme contains both a-helical and beta-sheet domains, including four disulfide bonds.
More definitions of disulphideDefinition of disulphide in:
- The US English dictionary