(also ditty box)
- A receptacle for odds and ends, especially one used by sailors or fishermen.More example sentences
- The SL - 1 has found a home in the little ditty bag that rides in one of those conveniently hidden compartments in the car.
- I went into the latrine, grabbing my ditty bag on the way.
- ‘We do our best, looking through trunks, looking through ditty bags that officers carry… it could be anywhere,’ he testified.
mid 19th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of ditty bagDefinition of ditty bag in:
- The US English dictionary