Definition of diuretic in English:
(Chiefly of drugs) causing increased passing of urine.
- It may be necessary to increase the diuretic dosage, decrease the beta-blocker dosage or discontinue the beta blocker.
- You have to be brave, silly or very determined to go out shopping shortly after you've taken your daily dose of diuretic pills.
- It supports natural diuretic action, but does not force water from the body like diuretic pills.
nounBack to top
A diuretic drug.
- ACE inhibitors may be a preferred second drug to add to diuretics if necessary to achieve blood pressure control.
- Patients with atrial fibrillation also had more drug days for diuretics and for electrolytes.
- The mean blood pressure readings were the same for the diuretics and the newer drugs.
Words that rhyme with diureticaesthetic (US esthetic), alphabetic, anaesthetic (US anesthetic), antithetic, apathetic, apologetic, arithmetic, ascetic, athletic, balletic, bathetic, cosmetic, cybernetic, diabetic, dietetic, electromagnetic, emetic, energetic, exegetic, frenetic, genetic, Helvetic, hermetic, homiletic, kinetic, magnetic, metic, mimetic, parenthetic, pathetic, peripatetic, phonetic, photosynthetic, poetic, prophetic, prothetic, psychokinetic, splenetic, sympathetic, syncretic, syndetic, synthetic, telekinetic, theoretic, zetetic
Definition of diuretic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.