- A condition in which muscle spasm in the colon (lower intestine) in the presence of diverticula causes abdominal pain and disturbance of bowel function without inflammation.More example sentences
- They are also formed during operations for bowel cancer, diverticular disease and after accidental damage to the bowel wall.
- For unknown reasons, only a small percentage of patients with diverticulosis develop symptomatic diverticular disease.
- These people are said to have diverticulosis or uncomplicated diverticular disease.
More definitions of diverticular diseaseDefinition of diverticular disease in:
- The US English dictionary