noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation of a diverticulum, especially in the colon, causing pain and disturbance of bowel function. Compare with diverticulosis.More example sentences
- Food sensitive colitis should be considered in infants and ischaemic colitis, diverticulitis, and colonic tumours in adults.
- Possible causes include inflammatory bowel disease or an infection in the colon known as diverticulitis.
- Indications for colectomy include colon polyps, diverticulitis, and IBD.
More definitions of diverticulitisDefinition of diverticulitis in:
- The US English dictionary