- The action or process of selling off subsidiary business interests or investments: the importance of divestment [count noun]: proceeds from divestmentsMore example sentences
- He estimates that at most two to five percent of tobacco shares have been sold through divestment.
- A major feature of the privatization process has been the accompanying divestment of regulation.
- Funds fret that lawmakers are dictating divestment without specifying which companies they should sell.
More definitions of divestmentDefinition of divestment in:
- The US English dictionary