- Make (someone) divine; deify: this brush with death seems to have divinized herMore example sentences
- We are divinized, given nothing other than God's own life in the crucified one, a paradox we must remain in rather than reject or attempt to resolve.
- The prophetic critique of primal Canaanite religion had the effect of desacralizing nature and divinizing morality.
- Appreciating this re-enchants and divinizes the world.
mid 17th century: from French diviniser, from divin 'divine'.
More definitions of divinizeDefinition of divinize in:
- The US English dictionary