- The sign ÷, placed between two numbers showing that the first is to be divided by the second, as in 6 ÷ 3 = 2.More example sentences
- The division sign was in Rahn's time known either as the obelus or sometimes the obelisk, from a Greek word meaning a roasting spit.
- Change the division sign to a multiplication sign.
- Several people have written to tell me that the colon-like division sign is used in elementary education in their country.
More definitions of division signDefinition of division sign in:
- The US English dictionary