- another term for pointillism.More example sentences
- The actual art-historical purpose of this show is to help Signac escape from the shadow of Georges Seurat, the master theorist of pointillism, or divisionism.
- The artistic movement known as divisionism was an Italian response to the impressionists and post-impressionists.
- Seurat's theory of optical mixtures, which he called divisionism, influenced Signac, and the style eventually became known as pointillism.
More definitions of divisionismDefinition of divisionism in:
- The US English dictionary