noun (US masculine divorcé, feminine divorcée /-ˈseɪ/)
- A divorced person.More example sentences
- Critics fear it will spark a shortage of accommodation if widows, divorcees and groups of singles drop plans to take in lodgers.
- There's a string of more complicated provisions that affect, for example, widows, widowers and divorcees.
- A woman must accept her husband taking second, third and fourth wives since divorcees have few chances to earn a livelihood.
early 19th century: from French divorcé(e) 'divorced man (or woman)'.
More definitions of divorceeDefinition of divorcee in:
- The US English dictionary