nounUS • black slang
- A scarf or cloth worn to protect one’s hairstyle: baseball caps and do-rags are dutifully removed while court is in sessionMore example sentences
- They may not take offense at the men's do-rags and throwback baseball caps cocked to the side, but some of the women's tight jeans and skirts would certainly provoke ire.
- For some it means wilderness treks, hemp do-rags, and a rigorous recycling regimen.
- Others took a more direct-action approach: flicking pencils, playing with gum, fiddling with their do-rags, snapping rubber bands - an apparently inexhaustible repertoire of ‘acting out,’ as the school psychologists say.
1990s: from hairdo.
More definitions of do-ragDefinition of do-rag in:
- The US English dictionary