- An area with docks and equipment for repairing and maintaining ships.More example sentences
- When Henry VIII founded a dockyard for building ships in Deptford, the area became renowned across the shipping industry.
- Portsmouth is a great port to sail from on an evening, with excellent views from the deck of the naval ships and dockyards.
- It was known to be an unsound ship at the dockyard, but the king refused to recall the voyage.
More definitions of dockyardDefinition of dockyard in:
- The US English dictionary