- A small fish of a kind used in fish pedicures to remove dead or calloused skin.
Garra rufa or Cyprinion macrostomusMore example sentences
- Ho was skeptical at first about the fish, which are called garra rufa but typically known as doctor fish.
- So, would you allow hundreds of tiny doctor fish to nibble on your feet?
- He traveled all the way to China to learn the art of using these tiny garra rufa or doctor fish, to eat the dead skin off your feet.
More definitions of doctor fishDefinition of doctor fish in:
- The US English dictionary