- 1Material that provides official information or evidence or that serves as a record: you will have to complete the relevant documentationMore example sentences
- People cannot be expected to defend themselves, or provide relevant documentation, until they know what they have been accused of.
- Do you know anyone who might be able to provide forged documentation, such as work visas?
- Sometimes it takes weeks, months, to acquire not just accurate information, but documentation to back up your story.
- 1.1The written specification and instructions accompanying a product, especially a computer program or hardware: user documentationMore example sentences
- Most FTP server programs have documentation which addresses these issues.
- She produced software documentation for complicated financial programs.
- For more information on SuSE user management, refer to your product's documentation.
- 2The process of classifying and annotating texts, photographs, etc.: she arranged the collection and documentation of photographsMore example sentences
- Formal documentation of song texts, music and dance is both crucial and illuminating.
- This collection represents the first documentation of the species from South Carolina.
- Historical documentation can be classified as either ancient documents or official public documents.
More definitions of documentationDefinition of documentation in:
- The US English dictionary