Slow and unsteady in movement because of weakness in old age: he’s a bit doddery on his legs and doesn’t get about much
More example sentences
- It was regarded as a family firm - a bit slow and doddery but a caring and kind place to work.
- The difference is that now they have weak-kneed, wobbly, doddery leadership and they are falling over.
- He's a bit slower physically but he's not doddery, so I decided not to go that way with Cecil.
- Example sentences
- Far from being nubile and beauteous, most clients are in various stages of dodderiness, shuffling around in white bathrobes between one appointment and the next.
- He's had it delivered already, and is well pleased with the whole set up (allowing me to prove I'm still useful despite the onset of dodderiness, I hope).
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: dod¦dery
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.