- 1The person who does something: the doer of the actionMore example sentences
- Operational requirements for the doers and the in baskets for the staffers often get in the way.
- For those who must labor in quiet to protect freedom from doers of evil: we congratulate you, even though we will never know your names.
- He concludes that novels about terrorists will continue to be written, but that they will not be as sympathetic towards the actual doers of the deeds.
- 1.1A person who acts rather than merely talking or thinking: I’m a doer, not a moanerMore example sentences
- In a country with so much to do, we could use a doer over a performer.
- On the backbenches, Labour women argue that the performance so far shows that women are doers, while men play at politics.
- The talkers and writers resent being left on the sidelines by the doers.