- A debased form of Latin.More example sentences
- That is my rather crude translation of what has generally been referred to as the ‘dog Latin’ used in the law.
- Homeopathic remedies often have fancy names going back to Hahnemann's time, when much of medicine was obscured by use of dog Latin.
- The track had no name but was referred to in the records, in dog Latin, as ‘alta via ducen ad Richmond Ferry’ (the high way leading to Richmond Ferry).
More definitions of dog LatinDefinition of dog Latin in:
- The US English dictionary