- A device for coupling two shafts in order to transmit motion, one part having teeth which engage with slots in another.More example sentences
- Check the engagement lugs on the dog clutch and also the corresponding lugs on the faces of the gears.
- Interlocks are provided so that the brake and dog clutch can only be selected in ‘idle’ mode.
- It uses dog clutches to engage the drives and utilises their robust nature to eliminate damage to the gears.
More definitions of dog clutchDefinition of dog clutch in:
- The US English dictionary