- (Of an object made from paper) having the corners worn or battered with use: a dog-eared paperback bookMore example sentences
- I found no joy in cleaning up some little tyrant's mess and I didn't have enough emotion in me to cry over a silly dog-eared card.
- The yellowed pages were dog-eared and extremely battered, and I replaced it gingerly on the shelf as I went to answer the door.
- It was a worn book, pages dog-eared, and edges faded.
More definitions of dog-earedDefinition of dog-eared in:
- The US English dictionary