Definition of dog-end in English:
1A cigarette end.
- Put up litter bins and ash trays for their dog-ends and it just legitimises it more from an acceptability stance.
- I stirred it with my foot then stubbed out the dog-end on the linoleum.
- I wandered despondently along, trailing my new sports bag through the dog-ends and sweet wrappers that littered the concrete of the playground.
1.1The last and least pleasing part of something: the dog-end of a hard day
More example sentences
- The cartoonists portray the dog-end days of December as Old Man Time, complete with scythe, calling the year to its doom.
- Budget 2004 was one the government could have done without: an obligatory address in the dog-end of a parliament.
- It's December at the dog-end of the last century and Liam slouches on a sofa in a Santa Monica hotel, curling his bottom lip and affecting disinterest.
Definition of dog-end in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia