- 2 (also dogstooth) [mass noun] A small check pattern with notched corners suggestive of a canine tooth, used in cloth for jackets and suits.More example sentences
- Close behind the red-jacketed men came stout ladies in dog-tooth hacking jackets.
- She squealed dramatically and grabbed the sleeve of Theo's dog-tooth jacket, her eyeballs seeming suddenly to bulge at the drama of it all.
- They wore bumster trousers in black-and-white dog-tooth, pirate shirts, white boots and gymslips.
More definitions of dog-toothDefinition of dog-tooth in:
- The US English dictionary