Definition of dogberry in English:
noun (plural dogberries)informal
1The fruit of the dogwood.
- The brightly coloured dogberries make excellent photographic subjects, but also provide food for birds.
- We have a taste of God's abundance when we pick up our caplins every year around the end of June as well as when we pick up our blueberries, raspberries and dogberries around every September.
- Berry pickers would find a paradise nearby, with raspberries, blueberries, partridgeberries, bakeapples, gooseberries, marshberries, and dogberries in season.
1.1 (also dogberry tree) The dogwood.
- You could smell the pine, maple and dogberry trees.
- Their summer beauty, overgrown by roses and dogberries, belies the past reality of hardship and suffering.
- A few hundred meters along the trail provides the first great attraction: an abundance of red and pink, provided by the thousands of dogberries and fireweed plants.
Definition of dogberry in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India