- An elementary swimming stroke in which the swimmer beats at the water with the hands in a manner resembling a swimming dog.More example sentences
- He wasn't such a great swimmer, about his only move was the doggy-paddle.
- Only being equipped with basic knowledge of the doggy-paddle, Del didn't dare test her swimming strength in water that exceeded her height.
verb[no object] Back to top
- Swim using doggy-paddle.More example sentences
- She had seen her friend doggy-paddling and thought she heard her call for help.
- I doubt I'll be doing any synchronised swimming moves by then, but I should be able to doggy-paddle my way round the pool.
- I jumped in without a thought after her, even though I hardly knew how to doggy-paddle.
More definitions of doggy-paddleDefinition of doggy-paddle in:
- The US English dictionary