1A dog’s kennel.
- The organization has spent well over a quarter of a million dollars to improve the facilities, build and deliver doghouses for animals left outside in all weather.
- I regard organized religion in much the same way a turtle regards a doghouse - I'm pretty well covered, thank you, so let's just keep ignoring each other.
- It's about this big, and it shows the cartoon dog on top of the doghouse lying there, and his owner standing next to him with a little bowl of food.
be in the doghouse
- informal Be in disgrace or disfavour: his country is in the doghouseMore example sentences
- ‘I think you're still in the doghouse, dude,’ Alvin said.
- When I was their age and I got in trouble with my mom and dad, I knew I was in big big trouble if they called me by the full name - I was in the doghouse.
- So, justly or not, I'm in the doghouse, as my eight-year-old daughter, in particular, regrets missing the ceremony.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: dog|house
Definition of doghouse in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.