noun (plural dogies)North American
- A motherless or neglected calf.More example sentences
- ‘I'm like a little dogie, struggling to its feet after having the branding iron put on me,’ he said when he finally broke away from the series.
- Head for the open range and learn how to wrangle dogies.
- We sloped along, not pushing, taking it easy, collecting and pushing the dogies at their own pace as long as they kept moving.
late 19th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of dogieDefinition of dogie in:
- The US English dictionary